Green lentil meatballs
- the recipe on "I like to cook"
Lentils are a food rich in antioxidants, minerals and folic acid. Lentils are an important source of antioxidants, compounds that protect the body's cells from the harmful action of free radicals, responsible for the appearance of cardiovascular diseases, certain cancers and other diseases associated with aging. .
Like all legumes, lentils are rich in both soluble fiber and especially insoluble fiber. Soluble fiber can help prevent cardiovascular disease by normalizing blood cholesterol levels. Soluble fiber can also help better control type 2 diabetes by slowing down the assimilation of glucose from food. In turn, insoluble fibers are effective in combating constipation by facilitating intestinal transit.
Lentils are an excellent source of minerals, including phosphorus, iron, zinc and magnesium. Phosphorus plays a vital role in maintaining healthy bones and teeth. In addition, phosphorus contributes to the development and regeneration of tissues and the stabilization of blood pH. In turn, iron is essential for the transport of oxygen in the body and for the formation of red blood cells. Zinc enters immune reactions and accelerates wound healing. Magnesium enters the enzymatic actions and strengthens the immune system.
Along with minerals, lentils are also notable for their important content of vitamins, especially B vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and B9). Of these, vitamin B9, also known as folic acid, plays a major role in the production of DNA and RNA genetic material in the proper functioning of the nervous system and the immune system. Folic acid is indispensable for pregnant women, because it helps the healthy development of the fetus.
Green, red, brown, blonde, large, medium or small, lentils are found in various varieties. The advantage of lentils over most legumes is that, being smaller, they require a shorter cooking time (between 20 and 30 minutes). The most suitable varieties of lentils for food are green and red lentils, which best retain their shape and properties after boiling. With a fine, walnut-like taste, green lentils are the most common variety of lentils. Instead, red lentils are the rarest assortment.
How to make the most delicious lentil paste
Today we offer you a very easy and delicious lentil paste recipe. This dish can be eaten as a snack when you are a little hungry, but it can also be enjoyed very well at breakfast or dinner. The recipe is very healthy and nutritious for the body, in addition it is easy and quick to prepare.
- a packet of red, green or blonde lentils according to your preferences
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- fresh dill
- spices (oregano, basil as desired)
- salt and pepper to taste
Method of preparation:
After it is washed beforehand, boil the lentils in salted water in a deep pot, for which it is set on fire. Boil the lentils until they become soft (check with a fork). After boiling, drain the water, then put in a blender or chopper. Add lemon juice, dill and olive oil, then season to taste. Mix all the ingredients very well until everything becomes a homogeneous paste.
LENTILS and GREENERS - a fasting recipe
Lentils are part of the legume family, famous for their content rich in soluble and insoluble protein and dietary fiber. Unlike other types of beans, lentils boil much faster.
Lentils are very rich in molybdenum, a mineral found in legumes, grains and nuts, which plays an important role in the metabolism of amino acids and the elimination of toxins and compounds with mutagenic potential.
200 g of soaked lentils contains 90% of the zinc content of folic acid, fiber (635), copper (565), phosphorus (51%), manganese (49%), iron (37%), protein (36%), vitamin B1 (28%), vitamin B5 (25%), zinc, vitamin B6 and potassium (21-23%).
Lentil meatballs & # 8211 recipe
Since the lentils must be left to soak overnight, the meatballs will be prepared the next day. Consider this before you start this recipe.
• 130 g of red or green lentils
• 4 potatoes
• 1 bunch of parsley
• 1 bunch of dill
• 2-3 sprigs of green onions
• 2-3 threads of leurd
• 2 tablespoons of inactive yeast flakes
Choose the lentils and put them to soak in a bowl of water. Leave them hydrated overnight.
The next day, drain the lentils and wash them. Place the baked potatoes in the oven.
Boil the lentils for a quarter of an hour, then strain the water. After it has cooled down a bit, pass it finely with a blender.
Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice. Mix lentils and potatoes in a large bowl.
Wash the vegetables and chop finely. Add them to the composition. Add a little salt, pepper and other spices, inactive yeast and 2-3 tablespoons of oil. Mix with clean hands to obtain a homogeneous composition.
Wallpaper a large baking tray with baking paper. Shape meatballs to the desired size and place them in the pan. Bake them in the hot oven until lightly browned.
They are very good hot, but they also go cold. They can be served as such, with a salad of vegetables or greens, tomato sauce, polenta or a dish of rice, puree, etc.
* The advice and any health information available on this site are for informational purposes, do not replace the doctor's recommendation. If you suffer from chronic diseases or follow medication, we recommend that you consult your doctor before starting a cure or natural treatment to avoid interaction. By postponing or interrupting classic medical treatments you can endanger your health.
Ingredients Lentil And Cauliflower Meatballs In A Vegan Burger:
- 150 grams of red lentils
- 300 grams of cauliflower
- 1 small red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of quinoa flour, chickpeas or peas (I used quinoa flour that can be found in health food stores, you can also use white wheat flour, if you have nothing else) and pepper
- for assembly: 6 buns, sauces to taste, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, etc.
Preparing Lentil and Cauliflower Meatballs in a Vegan Burger:
1. Turn on the oven and set it at 180 degrees Celsius.
2. The cauliflower is put on the grater with large holes and spread on a baking paper in a layer as uniform as possible. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 5-6 minutes, until browning appears from place to place (especially on the edges).
3. The lentils are washed under running water in a strainer, then boiled in 500 ml. of water, along with the chopped garlic clove and a pinch of salt. After boiling, reduce the heat to low and continue cooking for about 15 minutes), until the liquid is absorbed and the lentils begin to crumble.
4. Add the grated onion, cauliflower flakes, flour, ground cumin, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste over lentils (other spices can be added, according to everyone's preferences). Mix well and, with wet hands, form meatballs that are placed on a tray covered with baking paper, then sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
5. Bake the meatballs in the preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 15-20 minutes, possibly they can be turned with a spatula halfway through the baking time (it is not mandatory, however). If smaller meatballs are formed, of course the baking time will be reduced by a bit. After removing from the oven, they are ready to serve, they fit perfectly with a salad, any dip or avocado mayonnaise.
If you want to use meatballs for burgers, choose some soft buns that match the toppings: there are countless tomatoes, baked peppers, salads of vegetables or greens (beet salad, for example), onion rings, pickled cucumbers and & # 8230 you see what you choose from the suggestions listed, depending on what you like and what you have in the pantry. As sauces, I used avocado mayonnaise and my delicious homemade ketchup.
- Lentils are ideal for weight loss diets, because they provide only 230 calories, and their fiber increases the feeling of satiety. See also how I lost 20 kg.
- Helps lower cholesterol.
- Lentils support heart health and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Fights anemia due to its iron content.
- It keeps blood sugar levels stable, making it a recommended food for diabetics.
- Prevent constipation due to its fiber content.
- Its contribution of folic acid is very adequate during pregnancy and helps prevent deformities in the placenta and problems such as anencephaly or spina bifida.
I recommend you try this delicious recipe for lentil meatballs. They are better than meatballs. Another variant of fasting meatballs would be the recipe for millet meatballs or Falafel nut meatballs
Video recipe of GREEN LENTIL FIGS
For today, we have prepared a vegetarian snack & # 8211 lentil meatballs, which is ready in about an hour. The ingredients listed below are enough for 8-10 servings, so you can confidently invite friends to visit. Here are the easy steps you need to take to make these lentil meatballs in your own kitchen!
Ingredients for lentil meatballs:
2 cups red lentils
1 cup of fine bulgur
1/2 cup olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 tablespoons red pepper paste
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped leeks
1 cup freshly chopped green parsley
small lettuce leaves
3 steps to prepare lentil meatballs:
1. In a small saucepan, add the lentils, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 4 cups water. Bring the composition to the boil, then boil uncovered over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are soft and absorbed most of the water for about 10 minutes. Add the bulgur, stir and turn off the heat. Cover with a lid and leave for 15-20 minutes, until the bulgur softens.
2. In a small pan, over low heat, heat the oil and add the pre-cleaned and finely chopped onion, leaving it to soften for about 3 minutes. Add the tomato paste and hot pepper paste and mix the composition well until it becomes homogeneous. Leave to cool a little, then add the cumin, crushed red pepper (if using) and black pepper. Season with salt to taste.
3. Add the onion mixture to the lentil mixture until the ingredients are well combined. Add the leeks and green parsley, stirring gently. On a plate, put green fruit salad. With wet hands, form lentil meatballs and place on lettuce leaves. They can be served immediately or covered and left in the fridge for an hour.
Lentil meatballs with olives and greens
I love vegetarian meatballs! Lentils, chickpeas, beans, quinoa, millet & hellipador to use these ingredients as a basis for recipes vegetarian meatballs. I always experiment with new flavors and textures. Even when I wasn't a vegetarian, I don't remember being so crazy about meatballs. Now, there is no week to go by without eating vegetarian meatballs.
Red lentils is one of my favorite ingredients. I love it not only because it is extremely versatile, but also because it boils very quickly (15 minutes is enough), it is very rich in nutrients, it has a beautiful color and a wonderful taste! I do not recommend green lentils. I tried to use it before but I got annoyed because it has to be boiled for a long time, it doesn't have the same taste as the red one and the color is not the most appetizing either.
Any recipe for vegetarian meatballs it can be done both on the stove and in the oven. I often prefer the fried method, in a little oil, because they are ready much faster than in the oven, and most of the time when I cook, I am in a hurry. I also mentioned below how to proceed if you prefer to brown them in the oven.
Very important! Please read!
If you want your recipe to come out exactly as it turned out for me, all you have to do is follow it exactly! It happened a few times that I received some comments like & ldquo! Why didn't my recipe come out? What did I do wrong? I replaced over half of the ingredients mentioned & hellipdar though..why didn't come out as in the pictures? & Rdquo Really ?! Seriooos ?!
I assure you that I test my recipes several times before posting them on the blog. I always make sure that it is worth mentioning and that I wrote all the ingredients and all the steps. I promise you that if you follow the recipe exactly, it will be impossible not to come out. & # 128578 But if you start replacing certain ingredients, the result will not be the same. Don't get me wrong, I encourage the experienced when it comes to cooking! But, if you didn't follow the recipe and it doesn't turn out the way you wanted, it's not my fault & # 128578.
I keep looking at the pictures I took with these meatballs and honestly, if I were a carnivore I don't think I would have realized that there is no meat there. Going beyond the striking resemblance, I can say that the taste does not even compare. It is clearly superior, more fragrant, tastier.
For the wonderful lentil meatballs we need:
- 150 gr. of green lentils
- 2 carrots
- a bunch of parsley
- 2-3 tablespoons of almond or rice flour
- pink salt, pepper, dried vegetables, paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- an onion
Method of preparation:
- First we clean the lentils, put them in water for 10 minutes, then drain them and put them in another water to boil. It will boil for 15 minutes.
- Peel an onion, finely chop it and put it in hot water for a minute (just enough to soften and become slightly transparent).
- Meanwhile, grate the carrot and chop the parsley.
- When the lentils have boiled, let it cool a bit and then chop it with a blender.
- Add the carrot, parsley, spices, onion, oil and flour over the lentil puree. We mix the composition very well and form medium-sized meatballs from it.
- On an oven tray, place a baking sheet and grease it with a little olive oil. Place the meatballs and bake them for an hour, an hour and a half at low temperature, maximum 100 degrees. It all depends on the oven provided, or how browned you want the meatballs to be.
You can eat them as such with a salad, you can make sandwiches with other vegetables, or you can put them with a sauce. No matter how you combine them, they are still delicious.
If you have tried them, I am waiting for your opinion about them in a comment.
Receive articles and recipes every week
Receive articles and recipes from each week, directly in your Inbox.
Baked turkey meatballs
Surely you already know about the benefits that turkey meat has on the body. If you want to try a tasty meatball recipe, with a low cholesterol content, you can choose this option.
- 500 grams of turkey breast
- 2 egg yolks
- a tablespoon of broth
- a tablespoon of sweet pepper paste
- an onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Freshly chopped parsley
How to prepare turkey meatballs in the oven:
Put the turkey breast, eggs, broth, sweet pepper paste, onion and garlic in the blender or food processor. Mix them well, add the chopped parsley, mix again and form meatballs which you will then give in breadcrumbs. Put a pan of water and salt on the fire, in a quantity sufficient so that you can boil the meatballs for about 3 minutes. When they start to rise to the surface, carefully remove them and put them to cool in a bowl. Then line a baking tray with parchment paper, place them in it and bake until golden brown.
The recipe for baked turkey meatballs is quick, and the preparation can be consumed by both children and those on a diet to lose weight or lower cholesterol.